Weekend With WOOD 2017
44 subjects to choose from. 14 expert instructors.
One amazing woodworking experience,
May 18-21, 2017
North America’s best woodworking educational event is back for another year, with new classes and instructors. Join us in our classrooms and shops in Des Moines, Iowa, to sharpen your woodworking chops and talk shop with fellow woodworkers from all over the country. You’ll learn techniques, tips, and tricks from the best woodworkers in the business. Meet the masters who will teach you at Weekend With WOOD.
Customize your own class schedule from more than 40 topics for all skill levels: cabinetmaking, project design, joinery, hand- and power-tool skills, finishing, turning, and more. Class sizes are purposely limited to encourage student/teacher interaction. Upon purchase, you will be directed to download an information packet that includes instructions for reserving your classes.
Sessions will be held right where WE make sawdust: the shop and offices at WOOD magazine’s world headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. Ample seating and large video screens in each class help you see the tiniest details of each presentation.
Your tuition includes:
- Three 2-hour class sessions Friday
- Three 2-hour class sessions Saturday
- Two 2-hour class sessions Sunday
- buffet lunches on both Friday and Saturday
- A reception on Thursday evening
- a “swag bag” of woodworking goodies!
- Optional events for you and your spouse
Don't forget your spouse!
We have special optional events planned to keep your spouse entertained and informed while you're at Weekend With WOOD! Includes...
- Tour of historic Winterset, Iowa, home of the covered bridges of Madison County.
- Trip back in time with a visit to Living History Farms.
- Tour of Terrace Hill, Iowa’s governor’s residence and a national historic landmark.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Meredith Corporation, including the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, Test Garden, Photo Studio, and more.
- Inspiring and informative sessions about food, gardening, and more, taught by experts from Allrecipes, Country Gardens, and Midwest Living magazines.
- A swag bag of goodies, and door prizes
Cancellation policy: You may cancel your registration for this event until April 14, 2017, by phone or e-mail, both of which can be found on your e-mail receipt. Your tuition will be refunded, less a $50 fee for processing. After April 14, 2017, no refunds will be made. Substitutions may be made until April 28, 2017, by contacting us by phone or e-mail. Substitutions will incur a $50 processing fee. After April 28, 2017, no substitutions may be made.
Keep up on the latest news leading up to Weekend with WOOD:
Overall Customer Rating of 20 Reviews: