Weekend With WOOD 2019
50+ subjects to choose from. 18 expert instructors.
One amazing woodworking experience.
May 16-19, 2019North America's best woodworking educational event is back for another year, with new classes and instructors. Join us in our classrooms and shops in Des Moines, Iowa, to sharpen your woodworking chops and talk shop with fellow woodworkers from all over the country. You'll learn techniques, tips, and tricks from the best woodworkers in the business. Meet the masters who will teach you at Weekend With WOOD.
Sessions will be held right where WE make sawdust: the shop and offices at WOOD magazine's world headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. Ample seating and large video screens in each class help you see the tiniest details of each presentation.
Customize your own class schedule from more than 50 topics for all skill levels: cabinetmaking, project design, joinery, hand- and power-tool skills, finishing, turning, and more. Class sizes are purposely limited to encourage student/teacher interaction. Upon purchase, you will be directed to download an information packet that includes instructions for reserving your classes.
Your tuition includes:
- Four 90-minute class sessions Friday
- Four 90-minute class sessions Saturday
- Two 90-minute class sessions Sunday
- Buffet lunches on both Friday and Saturday
- A reception on Thursday evening
- A swag bag of woodworking goodies!
- Tool demos, Charity Build, and other optional events
Don't forget your spouse!
We have special optional events planned to keep your spouse entertained and informed while you're at Weekend With WOOD
! The optional $295 add-on event
- A day in the historic Dutch community of Pella, including shopping and tours!
- Hands-on art experience at Art With a Twist and tours at Mainframe Studios.
Keep up on the latest news leading up to Weekend with WOOD:
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Meredith Corporation, including the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, Test Garden, Photo Studio, as well as classes about food, gardening, and more, taught by experts from Meredith's famous magazines.
Cancellation policy: You may cancel your registration for this event until April 12, 2019, by phone or e-mail, both of which can be found on your e-mail receipt. Your tuition will be refunded, less a $50 fee for processing. After April 12, 2019, no refunds will be made. Substitutions may be made until April 26, 2019, by contacting us by phone or e-mail. Substitutions will incur a $50 processing fee. After April 26, 2019, no substitutions may be made.